A Play for the Little Ones
The experience of attending a live performance is very exciting for children from 0 to 3 years.
Petitruskus revolves around a small suitcase standing in the middle of the stage. Curiosity drives Ruskus to open it, but he hesitates, afraid.
Children give confidence to Ruskus and encourage him to open it up.
Finally, he does so, and they all get a big surprise: it is a clown’s suitcase, and it is full of the most amazing things.
A lovely raccoon sticks its nose out of the suitcase, and it shyly goes over to the kids. Children pet and tickle it.
Later on, Ruskus finds a magic hat, and the music plays. A silk handkerchief comes out of his ear and changes its color; magic wands appear and disappear, and the air fills with excitement and mystery.
Clown skits follow one another: balloon hats, magic flowers, and giant combs bring amusement to the kids.
Therefore, Petitruskus is an ideal activity to delight toddlers and introduce them to the amazing world of performing arts.
Fact Sheet and Sample Video
- Show’s title: Petitruskus.
- Author and performer: Ruskus Patruskus.
- Play’s genre and subject: toddlers’ show on clowns and magic.
- Language: visual and gestural performance with a few words in Catalan.
- Duration: 30 min.
- Age range: 0-3 years.
- Performing space: any place with a minimum surface area of 3 x 4 m.
- Sound and equipment: a 20 W battery-powered amplifier is included. There is no need of microphone, neither platform nor special lighting. In performances with 100 children or more, a 250 W PA system with wireless microphone is provided.
- Set up and strike time: set up 45 min, strike 25 min. (Performances with PA system: set up 1 h, strike 35 min).