The Adventure of Science
Missió Setciències is a play that combines science fiction and spy stories.
The show intends to arouse the interest and curiosity of children in science.
Ruskus Patruskus, in the role of a spy apprentice, share with the kids his exciting secret mission: traveling to another planet to seek mysterious aliens.
During the space trip, they all together learn some amazing things about planets, atoms, galaxies, and mathematics.
Children are actively involved in their role of detectives of science.
Indeed, kids search for clues and make predictions, but they must also demonstrate that their theories are correct.
Despite the complexity of scientific reasoning, all topics covered in Missió Setciències are easy to understand.
Throughout the show, all the concepts are illustrated with magic, juggling, and participatory games, so explanations are entertaining and understandable for children of all ages.
Fact Sheet and Sample Video
- Show’s title: Missió Setciències.
- Author and performer: Ruskus Patruskus.
- Play’s genre and subject: children’s show on science and outer space.
- Language: Catalan. It includes a teacher’s guide.
- Age range and duration (available in two versions):
– Kindergarten: 35 min.
– 1st to 6th-grade: 45 min.
- Performing space: any place with a minimum surface area of 3 x 4 m.
- Sound and equipment: a 20 W battery-powered amplifier is included. There is no need of microphone, neither platform nor special lighting. In performances with 80 children or more, a 250 W PA system with wireless microphone is provided.
- Set up and strike time: set up 45 min, strike 25 min. (Performances with PA system: set up 1 h, strike 35 min).