The Love of Books and Reading
Laugh and participation are the ingredients of this fun activity aimed at stimulating reading in children.
In this play, there are pirates, witches, talking hands, and a lot of imagination!
Bibliòfilus is an educational show in which theater, magic, and puppets are the means to promote the habit of reading in children, rouse the love of books, and encourage them to visit the library regularly.
Ruskus Patruskus helps kids to discover the fantasy of tales, the intrigue of mystery novels, and the magic hidden in the old books of spells.
One of the funniest moments of the play is when three children interpret the scary mystery novel “El monstre sense cap” (The Headless Monster).
In fact, Bibliòfilus is filled with charming characters played by the children themselves: Bruixa Maduixa (Strawberry Witch), Doctor Boig (Crazy Doctor), Pinta Pintamus (the Painter), and Llegidor (the Reader).
And let us not forget the naughty Papo Pilipo, an amusing puppet that demonstrates that reading is the most fun thing in the world!
Fact Sheet and Sample Video
- Show’s title: Bibliòfilus.
- Author and performer: Ruskus Patruskus.
- Play’s genre and subject: children’s show on books and reading.
- Language: Catalan. It includes a teacher’s guide.
- Age range and duration (available in two versions):
– Kindergarten: 35 min.
– 1st to 6th-grade: 45 min.
- Performing space: any place with a minimum surface area of 3 x 4 m.
- Sound and equipment: a 20 W battery-powered amplifier is included. There is no need of microphone, neither platform nor special lighting. In performances with 80 children or more, a 250 W PA system with wireless microphone is provided.
- Set up and strike time: set up 45 min, strike 25 min. (Performances with PA system: set up 1 h, strike 35 min).