A Circus in a Suitcase
The show Cirkruskus is inspired by old circus legends about clowns.
Indeed, circus clowns from the past were endearing characters.
They wear red noses, little hats, and big shoes. They were also profoundly optimistic people.
Cirkruskus was born when Ruskus, early in his career, performed on the streets all around Catalonia entertaining children with his large suitcase full of surprises.
Even today, Cirkruskus has the cheerful atmosphere from street arts. That makes it ideal for outdoor events with lively participation of children.
The play features some circus’ emblematic characters, such as
- the master of ceremonies, introducing the show with the assistance of a mysterious haunted hand;
- the strongman, so weak that is unable to lift a feather;
- the juggler, risky balancing an egg box among the crowd;
- the circus clown, magically multiplying red noses; and
- many more surprises!
Fact Sheet and Sample Video
- Show’s title: Cirkruskus.
- Author and performer: Ruskus Patruskus.
- Play’s genre and subject: children’s show on circus, clowning, and magic.
- Language: Catalan. Also available in English and Spanish.
- Duration: 50 min.
- Age range: 4-12 years.
- Performing space: any place with a minimum surface area of 3 x 4 m.
- Sound and equipment: a 20 W battery-powered amplifier is included. There is no need of microphone, neither platform nor special lighting. In performances with 80 children or more, a 250 W PA system with wireless microphone is provided.
- Set up and strike time: set up 45 min, strike 25 min. (Performances with PA system: set up 1 h, strike 35 min).