English, Magic, and Clowning for the Little Ones
It’s Magic! is a show in English about magic from the point of view of a clown.
Ruskus Patruskus makes a thousand and one mistakes messing up all spells and magic words!
Indeed, things do not exactly go as Ruskus wants.
At the beginning of his great act, suddenly the yellow handkerchief vanishes from his hand and comes out of his mouth, and meanwhile the blue hankie turns into red.
The poor Ruskus, puzzled, takes the magic wand trying to take control over the magic, but things get even worse: the wand instantly turns into colorful hankies, which eventually turn into an egg!
In addition to many magic tricks, Ruskus Patruskus presents a couple of mischievous puppets, makes figures with balloons, plays a traditional English song in his concertina, and many more surprises.
The educational side of the show has been handled with so much care as the artistic aspect. Although It’s Magic! is played entirely in English, it is fully understandable by small children.
Indeed, words are always accompanied by very clear visual actions, and this helps kids to understanding the plot.
Fact Sheet and Sample Video
- Show’s title: It’s Magic!
- Author and performer: Ruskus Patruskus.
- Play’s genre and subject: children’s show on magic.
- Language: totally in English. It includes a teacher’s guide.
- Duration: 35 min.
- Age range: kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd-grade.
- Performing space: any place with a minimum surface area of 3 x 4 m.
- Sound and equipment: a 20 W battery-powered amplifier is included. There is no need of microphone, neither platform nor special lighting. In performances with 80 children or more, a 250 W PA system with wireless microphone is provided.
- Set up and strike time: set up 45 min, strike 25 min. (Performances with PA system: set up 1 h, strike 35 min).